Fwd: Re: [Paraview] Defunct classes

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Thu Oct 6 17:02:39 EDT 2005

At 04:37 PM 10/6/2005, Randy Hudson wrote:

>In July (see below), I changed all references in my custom GUI from
>vtkKWLabeledFrame to vtkKWFrameWithLabel so I could work with the
>07/11 development release of paraview.
>
>Now, in paraview 2.2.1, vtkKWFrameWithLabel seems to've gone away.
>
>The only class I can find there whose name contains "Frame" and
>"Label" is vtkKWFrameLabeled.
>
>Is that taking over for the until-all-too-recently-vibrant
>vtkKWFrameWithLabel?

 From what I understand, you wrote your code for a specific PV
branch, then adapted it to the CVS, then tried to adapt it to another
branch back in time... Ooops, bad luck here, I think the branch was
cut right in a very temporary renaming....

 From what I remember, it went from vtkKWLabeledFrame, to (very
shortly) vtkKWFrameLabeled (at which point I was told it sounded too
french), to the final vtkKWFrameWithLabel (some time ago). I guess
2.2.1 was cut at the vtkKWFrameLabeled period :(. The CVS is and will
remain vtkKWFrameWithLabel.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Sebastien Barre