[Paraview] version 2.2.1 EnSight reading errors

d-farrell2 at northwestern.edu d-farrell2 at northwestern.edu
Sat Aug 6 23:59:14 EDT 2005

Hi, I just changed over from 1.6.3 (a bit behind, I know...) on both linux and Mac platforms. With
both builds (downloaded prebuilt) I came across the following error repeatably with any plain text
EnSight files I throw at it (this is done through the file-> open data dialogue):

# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file:
/Users/kitware/ParaViewReleaseRoot/paraview-2.2.1/VTK/IO/vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx (408)
 Unable to open file:
/Users/davidfarrell/Code/Tahoe/Tahoe_David_5/development_benchmark_XML/bridging/LJ_3D_Wave/1
ErrorMessage end
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Warning in file:
/Users/kitware/ParaViewReleaseRoot/paraview-2.2.1/VTK/IO/vtkGenericEnSightReader.cxx (409)
 Assuming binary file.

So, first, the path that is listed in the 'unable to open file' line is not the full pathname (the
path is right, but the filename is missing) for some reason. The above was the output from the Mac
build. For the linux build I get basically the same thing, though the path to the EnSight reader is
different (but still not the same as the install path - but I doubt that is the problem). Once the
above error is hit, nothing gets read in, and other errors follow, due to the lack of data.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Dave