[Paraview] ParaView 1.4.3 in render-server mode

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Thu Sep 2 11:47:38 EDT 2004

>Without more detailed documentation I don't fully understand what is
>happening, but it looks to me that the data server is trying to connect to
>the localhost, rather than myRenderNode.  Do I need to give the data
>server this information, or should it be getting it from the client?  I
>tried playing around with using the --machines option, but didn't
>see any difference, then again I wasn't sure of what the syntax of the
>file should be.

The documentation on this is still being written. However, I can comment on
the format of the machines file. That file should have one machine name
(result of command "hostname") per line. If you want to run more than one
process on the same machine, the machine name should be followed by ":n"
where n is the number of processes.  A sample machine file with 4
processes, and two of them on the same machine would look like this:

machine1
machine2
machine3:2

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem or not, but it answers
one of your questions.

- Amy