[Paraview] Hdf5/windows issue

Jones, Jake S jsjones at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 25 15:03:16 EDT 2004

I am having trouble with the function H5Fis_hdf5() in the HDF5 code
included in the ParaView tree.

On a windows system, H5Fis_hdf5() returns false for files that I know
are valid hdf5 files. With another non-paraview installation of
hdf5-1.6.2 on the same system, H5Fis_hdf5() returns true for these
files.

This problem doesn't happen on my Linux system.

Has the HDF5 code in the paraview tree been doctored at all? Are there
HDF-related cmake flags that should be set? Other compiler options? Does
anyone have an idea what might be happening here?

Thanks,

Jake

Jake S. Jones
Sandia National Labs, Dept 9326