[Paraview] problem with displaying zoomed data

Guglielmo Pasa guglielmo.pasa at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 25 08:03:01 EDT 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to display my data (here enclosed in the zip) with paraview. On
my laptop (equipped with an NVidia GeForce 4200 Go) there are no problem,
neither with my desktop PC (equiped with an ATI Radeon 9700 and last
driver).

The problem appears when I set a z-zoom factor of 300. On my GeForce-laptop,
no problems, I can see at the data. But on my desktop PC, the image is very
dark, and not usable. The problem appears only in the surface mode display.

I thought it may be the driver of my ATI card that is at fault. I didn't get
any answer from ATI, and the last driver showed the same result. Or is it a
normal feature of OpenGL which is not taken into account by NVidia ?

Can anybody tell me what is the problem ?

--

Sincerely yours,
            Pasa Guglielmo

--------------

 guglielmo.pasa at bluewin.ch      |  tel. :  +41 (0)24 485 50 40 |

 mailing : Pasa Guglielmo       |  fax  :  +41 (0)24 485 50 44 |
           Rte des Cases 17A    |                              |
           CH-1890 St-Maurice   |  prof.: physicist,teacher    |
           (Switzerland)        |         & PhD Student        |

 Ph.D.Student at:
                 IPEQ -EPFL
                 PHB-Ecublens
                 CH-1015 Lausanne