[Paraview] vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter

Mattijs Janssens M.Janssens at nabla.co.uk
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:22:20 +0000

--------------070902060005020502090604

Hi Patrick,

I'll try to answer your second question:

 > I read from the "Features" page that
 > "any VTK <http://www.vtk.org> filter can be added by providing a simple
 > XML description"
 > Is there a documentation for that ?

Yes, somewhere in the mailing list. Here is my version

- attached an example of a config file. Put it somewhere and
- setenv PV_INTERFACE_PATH to the directory it is in.

Now when you start up paraview you'll have an extra filter 'ABCCellCentres'

I just copied this one module description from the paraview sources:

paraview-1.2.1/ParaView/ParaView/Resources/Filters.xml

 > Python etc.
Visit and/or mayaVi use vtk&python. Haven't used them so don't know how
good/active they are.

Mattijs

Patrick Brockmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Some questions and wishes for someone who really appreciates
> the design and the features of paraview application.
>
> ---------------------------------------
> * Is there a way to make isofilled countours ?
> I use the vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter for this when I compute with
> the VTK API
> but it is not available in paraview ?
>
> I read from the "Features" page that
> "any VTK <http://www.vtk.org> filter can be added by providing a simple
> XML description"
> Is there a documentation for that ?
>
> ---------------------------------------
> * I would like to specify different colors for each levels in the scalar
> bar.
> For now I can only change the first and last colors.
> The values of the levels indicated in the scalar bar reflect only
> regular steps.
> Can it be changed (in VTK API too) ?
>
> ---------------------------------------
> * Last but big issue:
>
> In my community (climate research), there is a large aggrement to use
> the python
> language. Many modules exist for many purpose
> (numeric processing with Numeric or numarray modules,  input/output and
> computations with
> netCDF file with CDMS from the LLNL/PCMDI, ... ).
>
> With the VTK API (wrap in python) - that I am promotting,
> all the parts are here to build nice and usefull applications.
> Paraview application could be one of them. Unfortunately, it has been based
> on the Tcl/Tk toolkit where all the modules mentionned above are missing.
>
> Also could this project be re-oriented on python ?
>
> ---------------------------------------
>
> Best regards
>
> PS: I use paraview-1.2.1 on a Linux-x86 machine
>
> -- Patrick

/*---------------------------------------------------------*\
| ===========           Mattijs Janssens                    |
| \\        /           Development Engineer                |
|  \\      /                                                |
|   \\    /             Nabla Ltd.                          |
|    \\  /              The Mews, Picketts Lodge            |
|     \\/               Picketts Lane, Salfords,            |
|     F ield            Surrey RH1 5RG.                     |
|     O peration        Tel: +44 (0)1293 821272             |
|     A nd              Email: m.janssens at Nabla.co.uk       |
|     M anipulation     URL: http://www.Nabla.co.uk         |
\*---------------------------------------------------------*/

--------------070902060005020502090604

<ModuleInterfaces>
  <Module name="ABCCellCenters"
          menu_name="ABCCell Centers"
          root_name="Centers"
          module_type="Filter"
          long_help="Bla."
          short_help="Bla.">
    <Filter class="vtkCellCenters">
      <Input name="Input"
             class="vtkDataSet"/>
    </Filter>
    <InputMenu trace_name="Input" label="Input"
               help="Set the input to this filter."
               input_name="Input"/>
    <LabeledToggle label="Generate vertices"
                   trace_name="VertexCells"
                   variable="VertexCells"
                   help="Generate vertex as geometry of just points."
                   default_value="0"/>
  </Module>
</ModuleInterfaces>

--------------070902060005020502090604--