[Paraview] another error message using custom reader

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 08:44:57 EST 2004

Hi John,

I have been working pretty heavily on adding AMR and multiblock
pipeline support to VTK. Meanwhile, I stopped supporting AMR in
ParaView. This is why you are getting that error. The filter simply
does not recognize the data type. Once I have something working in the
new pipeline (very close), I will look into getting ParaView working
again. As far as I can remember, ParaView 1.6 (or maybe even 1.4, I am
not sure) was the last version that worked with AMR datasets. Please
remind me to send you some information on the new pipeline stuff as
well as the changes you will have to make to the reader sometime after
xmas or new year.  And the hierarchical box datasets do not handle
extents like structured data. They handle extents more like
unstructured data (piece based). The smallest update unit is one
block.  I think it is possible to have a hybrid model. I am still
thinking about it. If you have questions, feel free to ask them.

-Berk