[Paraview] Create an animation out of more than 100 Datafiles

Felix Wolfheimer wolfheimer at temf.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Dec 16 08:15:06 EST 2004

I want to create a animation using data, which is stored in files with
names "efield-{number}.pvd", where {number} is the number of the
timestep. I'm only able to create an animation, using the data out of 99
datafiles (efield-1.pvd to efield-99.pvd). If there are files, where the
{number} is greater than 100, ParaView doesn't recognize the files
automatically as it does, when I have less than 100 files. When I try to
set the range for the {number} manually in the animation menu, then
ParaView dies with a segmentation fault.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!