[Paraview] Raw File Reader

Birke Heeren bheeren at copepod.de
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:30:51 +0100

Hi,
I would like to load a 2D-image-stack into ParaView. If I just use "open
data" it does not work. Therefore I am trying to use the "Raw File
Reader" now. In order to do that I figured I will have to convert the
TIF images to RAW format. This seems to be difficult since no universal
definition exsists for the RAW format. Still I was lucky to find out
that the newest version of "Irfan View" does do batch file conversion
from TIF to RAW file format. ParaView does seem to load the image-stack
but still I couldn't make ParaView display it. Also the choices Irfan
View offers for saving in RAW format (f.ex. RGB vs. BGR)  seem to be
about different topics than the choices ParaView offers for reading RAW
format (f. ex. data typ: char, short, etc.). Does anyone have any
suggestions how this problem may be solved? I would very much appreciate
any idea you could offer.
With regards,
Birke