[Paraview] No rendering output

Berk Geveci berklist@nycap.rr.com
07 Nov 2002 15:30:09 -0500

Hi,

> I have been trying to get ParaView(v0.6) to run on an SGI O2, Irix 6.5.
> However, all I see are gray rectangles in the 3d View output regardless
> whether I load/create simple objects(spheres etc) or try to run the
> demo. (I can send a screenshot if necessary)
> I am using the precompiled binaries for Irix6.5.

A screenshot would be nice. Also, can you try to run with the -r option?
This option enables software rendering. I have never tested the IRIX
binary with SGI OpenGL since I only have remote access to SGIs. I have
always used software rendering (Mesa) on Octanes and that worked.
If there are ParaView users which have access to SGIs, I would
appreciate it if they try the SGI binary and let me know know if they
have the same problem.

> I have also been trying to compile the sources for ParaView Complete
> v0.6. CMake configuration runs fine.
> However, I get a compilation error early on in the build process:
>
> cmake.depends is up-to-date
> cd /opt/ParaViewComplete06/tcl8.3.2/unix gmake
> /bin/sh: cd: bad substitution
> gmake[1]: *** [maketcl] Error 1
> gmake: *** [default_target] Error 2

Which version of CMake are you using ? You will need CMake 1.4.5
or later to build ParaView.

> Is it ok to use the SGI TCL interpreter when prompted by CMake ?

Which option is this ? Are you using cmake -i or ccmake ?

-Berk