[Paraview] version of VTK?

Randy Heiland heiland@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:06:44 -0600

Sorry, guess I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm still confused.

I just got the ParaView from CVS as described here:
http://public.kitware.com/ParaView/HTML/Download.html

 i.e., I did:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/ParaView login
(passwd: paraview)
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/ParaView co -r
ParaView-0-2 ParaView

then I cmake ParaView, setting VTK_BINARY_PATH to my CVS version of VTK.

However, when trying to compile ParaView, I still get the following:

/usr/local/home/heiland/ParaView/ParaView/vtkPVActorComposite.cxx: In method
`void vtkPVActorComposite::Initialize()':
/usr/local/home/heiland/ParaView/ParaView/vtkPVActorComposite.cxx:1221: no
matching function for call to `vtkPointData::GetActiveScalars ()'
/usr/local/home/heiland/ParaView/ParaView/vtkPVActorComposite.cxx:1231: no
matching function for call to `vtkCellData::GetActiveScalars ()'

Sure enough, my version of VTK/vtkPointData doesn't have GetActiveScalars.  So
am I using the wrong VTK or the wrong ParaView?

thanks,
--Randy