[Paraview-developers] recent changes to FileDialog

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Feb 23 04:08:10 EST 2018

Developers

some recent changes to pqFileDialog to support Directory Groups seem to have an undesirable side-effect. When running client-server, I no longer can select Folders, and traverse sub-directory hierarchies on the remote file system. Folders are not visible in the panel.

if I select "All files (*)", Folders are now visible, but they're not seen as Folders, they are seen as regular Files.

I find this quite disturbing. It mixes Folders and Files all together in the dialog and make it difficult to identify sub-directory hierarchies. See the difference between the same dialog open with PV5.4 and PV master.

Is this a temporary state, or an unforeseen consequence of the changes?

Jean/CSCS