[Paraview-developers] Light-Viz --offscreen

Albrecht Kyrieleis akyrieleis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 04:07:29 EDT 2018

Hi,
I want to start the light-viz server remotely from a command line. Using
option -s starts the server, but when I open a data sets  it crashes with:

*ERROR: In ../vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 273*
*vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x5823a00): bad X server connection. DISPLAY=[..*

I guess this is because of the small window that pops up on the server when
I open a data sets. How can I avoid that ? I tried the option --offscreen,
but got the error:

 error: unknown option `--offscreen'

I added this option in bin/light-viz-cli.js, but it does not seem to be
part of pvw-light-viz.py

Many thanks
Albrecht