[Paraview-developers] Light-Viz --offscreen

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Apr 30 11:07:46 EDT 2018

You will need to build ParaView with the proper rendering library like
describe here:

https://www.paraview.org/ParaView/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/Offscreen.html
and
http://kitware.github.io/paraviewweb/docs/os_mesa.html

Although, if you have a NVidia GPU, the best approach is to build ParaView
with EGL.

But if you have a server X on the server and you just don't want to see the
window there are some arguments you can add to pvpython/pvbatch to leverage
a different rendering backend.
You can see those arguments when running --help.

https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/blob/master/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Core/vtkPVOptions.cxx#L301-L309

HTH,

Seb