[Paraview-developers] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Problem with superbuild for ParaView 5.4.0-RC3 and non internet attached systems

Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil
Thu Jun 1 11:49:03 EDT 2017

Utkarsh,

Thanks, that will make building on our non-
Internet connected systems much easier.

Thanks,

Joe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joseph G. Hennessey Ph.D., SAIC
Team SAIC
Army Research Lab
DOD Supercomputing Resource Center

-----Original Message-----
From: Utkarsh Ayachit [mailto:utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2017 11:20 AM
To: Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)
<joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil>
Cc: ParaView Developers <paraview-developers at paraview.org>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [Paraview-developers] Problem with superbuild
for ParaView 5.4.0-RC3 and non internet attached systems

All active links contained in this email were disabled. Please verify the
identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained
within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser.

________________________________

Joe,

Here's an MR that adds a tar-based option for vtk-m. Set
`vtkm_SOURCE_SELECTION` to `stable` instead of default `git-stable`.
Caution-https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/merge_requests/333
<
Caution-https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/merge_requests/333

Acusolve is a non-free plugin and we're not able to share the source code. As
a result, you should not be enabling it in your builds.

Utkarsh

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL
(US) <joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil <
Caution-mailto:joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil > > wrote:

	Hello,

	I have noticed that for vtk-m, in the superbuild,
	there is no longer a compressed file for download,
	instead there is only a git repository. This will cause
	problems for those of us building on systems without
	Internet access, as we will no longer be able to use
	previously downloaded versions on those systems without
	Internet access. (this is also the case for the aculsolve reader as well)

	Thanks,

	Joe