[Paraview-developers] build environment for official binaries

Florian Toth florian.toth at tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jan 22 11:06:03 EST 2017

Hello Mathieu,

Thanks, for the reply.

Yes, we are using the superbuild where we include our plugin as an
External plugin. This works fine, however the generated packages (via
`ctest -R cpack`) are not transferable to different Linux distributions
(e.g. build on Ubuntu16.04 does not work on Centos7.2 due to different
versions of system C++ libraries).
Additionally, the generated shared libraries of our plugin cannot be
combined with the official binaries by copying them over to the
appropriate library directory (results in segfault when loading the plugin).

This used to work on ParaView 5.1.x when the plugin was built on Debian
6 using the build options given on
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Binaries#Linux-x64. As it does not
work with 5.2 any more, I assumed the build environment changed.
Unfortunately, I cannot find any information about the build environment
for 5.2. Is there any information available?

Kind regards,
Florian