[Paraview-developers] build environment for official binaries

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Sun Jan 22 10:00:41 EST 2017

Hi

You will need to use the ParaView-Superbuild, but it is not an easy process.

You can also contact us (Kitware) to do it for you.

Regards

Le 22 janv. 2017 2:05 PM, "Florian Toth" <florian.toth at tuwien.ac.at> a
écrit :

Hello,

We develop a custom plugin for ParaView which we like to distribute as a
shared library along with the official ParaView binaries (from
http://www.paraview.org/download/).

This worked fine up to ParaView 5.1.x, using Debian 6 as mentioned on
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Binaries#Linux-x64.
Updating to ParaView 5.2, I encounter various problems on Debian Squeeze
(6):
 - python >= 2.7 required
 - freetype needs pkg-conf only available from Debian Wheezy (7)

What is the official build system for Linux binaries of ParaView 5.2?

Thanks,
Florian