[Paraview-developers] build environment for official binaries

Florian Toth florian.toth at tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jan 22 07:50:21 EST 2017

Hello,

We develop a custom plugin for ParaView which we like to distribute as a
shared library along with the official ParaView binaries (from
http://www.paraview.org/download/).

This worked fine up to ParaView 5.1.x, using Debian 6 as mentioned on
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Binaries#Linux-x64.
Updating to ParaView 5.2, I encounter various problems on Debian Squeeze
(6):
  - python >= 2.7 required
  - freetype needs pkg-conf only available from Debian Wheezy (7)

What is the official build system for Linux binaries of ParaView 5.2?

Thanks,
Florian