[Paraview-developers] Help with fixing a bug in one of the plugins

Mohammad A.Raji mahmadza at vols.utk.edu
Mon May 30 00:56:02 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I'm quite new to the Paraview world and I believe I've noticed a bug in the
PointSprite plugin. Is the pull request procedure the same for plugins as
well? (Similar to
https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md?)

It would also be wonderful if someone could take a look at the issue just
so that I know I haven't gone insane.

In /Plugins/PointSprite/Graphics/vtk1DGaussianTransferFunction.cxx:186 the
function AddGaussianControlPoint calls SetGaussianControlPoint but with the
wrong order of parameters, incorrectly switching width and height in the
end control points tuple. Here's a link to the file on Github:
https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/blob/ed854cdd8b1b0f704d3c6c3d0d2f2a14b882cd92/Plugins/PointSprite/Graphics/vtk1DGaussianTransferFunction.cxx
.

Regards,
Mo