[Paraview-developers] PVSM state file reader

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:24:53 EDT 2016

Thanks Utkarsh, I started looking at the source of  pqLoadStateReaction.cxx

Sorry to bother you again, with next set of questions

My code snippet is the following where I want to load a pvsm file in this
way

    std::string pvsm_file = "myOwn.pvsm";
   QString qstr = QString::fromStdString(pvsm_file);
   pqLoadStateReaction::loadState(qstr);

The code compiles (all the necessary headers are taken care of) but I get a
seg fault during run time.

Is there any place where I can see some examples on that.

To summarise this is what I wnt to achieve :

1. Load any .pvsm file
2. Run the pqServerManagerModel and get down to resolve all the vtkSMProxy

I am familiar with step 2 by which I can scan the paraview pipeline and get
the information all object proxies. At this stage I am not able to figure
out how to link between step 1 and step 2.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Chiranjib