[Paraview-developers] PVSM state file reader

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Jun 15 16:15:14 EDT 2016

> I am curious to know that when I want to load a state file (.pvsm) which
> classes in PV are used.

Your entry point is this: pqLoadStateReaction::loadState(). You can
follow the code from there to see how the state file gets loaded.

> Can I write a stand alone application which can read and understand a .pvsm
> file?

Yes, but if you're just interested in processing extra items in the
XML, you're better of listening to
pqApplicationCore::aboutToLoadState(...) or
pqApplicationCore::stateLoaded(...) signals.