[Paraview-developers] How to add multiple inputs to a plugin (writer)

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sat Jul 11 17:19:41 EDT 2015

Yes, look at File -> Export Scene.

You can export to WebGL, VRML, X3D, etc. One of these options should be a
good example for you to follow. The XML for the WebGL exporter proxy is in

ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/SMApplication/Resources/utilities.xml

and the exporter proxy is described here:

http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/www/cxx-doc/classvtkSMRenderViewExporterProxy.html

HTH,
Cory

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 10:50 AM, houssen <houssen at ipgp.fr> wrote:

> Hi Cory,
>
> My need is very basic (natural) : I'd like to save (with a plugin writer)
> "what I see in the ParaView 3D viewpoint".
> Ideally, I'd would like to save "only shown items" in the pipeline browser
> (not the hidden items - gray eye associated to each pipeline item).
>
> How to do this ? (use multiple input port ? get the pipeline and scan it
> piece by piece + write each piece only if it is in "show" mode) Is there an
> existing example of that ?
>
> Franck
>
> Le 2015-07-10 17:35, Cory Quammen a écrit :
>
>> Hi FH,
>>
>> Do you want to save the entire ParaView state so that you can reload
>> it later? If so, you can use File -> Save State.../Load State...
>>
>> I suspect that is not what you want, though.
>>
>> Cory
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 9:55 AM, houssen <houssen at ipgp.fr [5]> wrote:
>>
>>  I have a plugin (writer which inherit from vtkWriter) with :
>>> - SetNumberOfInputPorts(1) in the constructor
>>> - vtkDataObject* data=GetInput() to get data to save (when I am
>>> called back on the save button click)
>>> This works OK.
>>>
>>> How to save "all what is in the pipeline browser" ? Say I opened 2
>>> files : I have 2 sets of data to save in the pipeline browser. How
>>> to save the 2 data set ?
>>> I tried :
>>> - SetNumberOfInputPorts(GetNumberOfInputPorts()) in the
>>> constructor
>>> - for (int p = 0; p < GetNumberOfInputPorts() ...) vtkDataObject*
>>> data=GetInput(p) to get data to save
>>> But this doesn't work : seems I always get one data to save
>>> (whatever what is hidden/shown or highlighted in the pipeline
>>> browser when I click on the save button)
>>>
>>> FH

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.