[Paraview-developers] getting server manager proxy?

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Feb 10 13:53:40 EST 2014

On 2/10/14 11:47 AM, "Utkarsh Ayachit" <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

>> These values are generated within the properties panel, and are passed
>>back
>> to the Filter code utilizing call backs
>
>I don't think that a good idea. When state file is loaded, that logic
>will not kick in since the panel is not created when state is loaded
>but when the filter is made active.

OkŠ I am changing the way it works...

>> The problem, however, is that when I restore state, these values are not
>> made available before network calls are made
>
>The properties "TimeRangeInfoStart" and "TimeRangeInfoEnd" should have
>the same value as they did when you saved the state file out. I am
>curious why that's not the way you want it to be?

The problem stems from the way the restore happens.  I have (had) several
properties that updated via different functions.
When the restore state happens, it is executing the function associated
with the property panel before any of the other properties.

I am changing the way I am doing things so everything is passed through
the same propertyŠ a pain as the types are different, but I can still do
it.
Is there a way to have a multi-type property?  Kind of like a struct?

Thanks for your help!  I will let you know how far I get.

-Josh