[Paraview-developers] getting server manager proxy?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Feb 10 13:47:51 EST 2014

> These values are generated within the properties panel, and are passed back
> to the Filter code utilizing call backs

I don't think that a good idea. When state file is loaded, that logic
will not kick in since the panel is not created when state is loaded
but when the filter is made active.

> The problem, however, is that when I restore state, these values are not
> made available before network calls are made

The properties "TimeRangeInfoStart" and "TimeRangeInfoEnd" should have
the same value as they did when you saved the state file out. I am
curious why that's not the way you want it to be?

> I need to be able to access these properties from within the primary filter
> code, thus I need to be able to access the vtkSMProxy from within the
> primary filter code.

There is no way to do this and for good reason. The C++ filter maybe
on a remote server while the vtkSMProxy subclass in always on the
client. But the question is why do you want to access the vtkSMProxy?
The values for the two properties in question will  indeed be pushed
to the C++ filter when the state is loaded -- so long as the
properties have been defined appropriately.