[Paraview-developers] getting server manager proxy?

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Feb 10 12:45:28 EST 2014

Sorry…  It has been a very long night…

 1.  I am working on a custom C++ filter that uses a custom Property Panel
 2.  The Property panel utilizes the vtkSMProxy that is provided here
    *   ScInfoPropWidget::ScInfoPropWidget(vtkSMProxy *smproxy, vtkSMProperty *smproperty, QWidget *parentObject)
 3.  The class is defined as:
    *

class ScInfoPropWidget : public pqPropertyWidget

{

    Q_OBJECT

    typedef pqPropertyWidget Superclass;

…

 4.  I use the smproxy to access the properties like this:
    *

    this->startTimeState  = vtkSMDoubleVectorProperty::SafeDownCast(this->smProxy->GetProperty("TimeRangeInfoStart"));

    this->endTimeState    = vtkSMDoubleVectorProperty::SafeDownCast(this->smProxy->GetProperty("TimeRangeInfoEnd"));

 5.  Where SaveStateDataSet and startTimeState and endTimeState are defined as such
    *

 vtkSMDoubleVectorProperty *startTimeState;

vtkSMDoubleVectorProperty *endTimeState;
 6.  These values are generated within the properties panel, and are passed back to the Filter code utilizing call backs
 7.  The problem, however, is that when I restore state, these values are not made available before network calls are made
 8.  I need to be able to access these properties from within the primary filter code, thus I need to be able to access the vtkSMProxy from within the primary filter code.
 9.  How do I do this so I can have access to these properties?

Josh