[Paraview-developers] AUTOLOAD option is deprecated in ParaView 3.98 RC2

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Nov 15 12:16:03 EST 2012

Cory,

I have at least one plugin packaged with our branded version of
> ParaView where the AUTOLOAD mechanism is used. For that plugin, I
> don't want to rely on the user checking the box in the GUI. So I think
> the option is still useful.

Hmm, okay. I have been wondering what support could we provide to ensure
that plugins for branded applications can be loaded automatically. Can you
give some more details on who your application is setup, maybe we can come
up with something cleaner. When you generate binaries for your users, do
you package your plugin's shared libraries with the application as well
(similar to what ParaView does for plugins in the ParaView source)?