[Paraview-developers] AUTOLOAD option is deprecated in ParaView 3.98 RC2

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Wed Nov 14 11:00:08 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit
<utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:
> Cory,
>
> We need to write a migration guide, I am going to try to put something
> together soon. However, AUTOLOAD should have not have mattered much for
> plugins that are built outside ParaView. If I remember correctly, AUTOLOAD
> only affected the state of the "autoload" flag in the  .plugins
> configuration file while is only built for plugins included in ParaView
> source. For any plugin that the users load manually, they can turn on
> autoloading from the GUI, in  any case.

I have at least one plugin packaged with our branded version of
ParaView where the AUTOLOAD mechanism is used. For that plugin, I
don't want to rely on the user checking the box in the GUI. So I think
the option is still useful.

> For plugins built outside ParaView, you shouldn't use pv_plugin(). That
> mechanism is only for plugins included in the ParaView source.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Cory

> Utkarsh
>

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Cory Quammen <cquammen at cs.unc.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I have a ParaView plugin that uses the AUTOLOAD option in a call to
>> add_paraview_plugin(). Compiling against ParaView 3.98 RC2, I get the
>> following message:
>>
>> CMake Warning at
>>
>> /Users/quammen/dev/madai/build/MADAIWorkbench-ParaViewTracking-Debug/src/ParaView/CMake/ParaViewPlugins.cmake:1009
>> (message):
>>   AUTOLOAD option is deprecated.  Plugins built within ParaView source
>> should
>>   use pv_plugin(..) macro with AUTOLOAD argument.
>>
>> This is a plugin built outside ParaView source, so should I use
>> pv_plugin()? Is this change documented in a ParaView migration guide?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cory

Cory Quammen
Research Associate