[Paraview-developers] AUTOLOAD option is deprecated in ParaView 3.98 RC2

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Nov 14 10:36:03 EST 2012

Cory,

We need to write a migration guide, I am going to try to put something
together soon. However, AUTOLOAD should have not have mattered much for
plugins that are built outside ParaView. If I remember correctly, AUTOLOAD
only affected the state of the "autoload" flag in the  .plugins
configuration file while is only built for plugins included in ParaView
source. For any plugin that the users load manually, they can turn on
autoloading from the GUI, in  any case.

For plugins built outside ParaView, you shouldn't use pv_plugin(). That
mechanism is only for plugins included in the ParaView source.

Utkarsh