[Paraview-developers] paraview automatically display data generated from another program

Yumin Yuan yumin.yuan at kitware.com
Thu Mar 22 13:08:08 EDT 2012

Hi Li,

Not knowing the whole workflow you are trying to set up, I am thinking
you have to manage the communications with your program generating
data yourself, paraview does not do that. However, you could write a
paraview plugin, which listens to your program and fetch the data once
they are generated, then your plugin can use paraview's framework to
display the data. Here is a link regarding how to write a paraview
plugin.

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo

Yumin