[Paraview-developers] Chart Legend in CustomRenderView: Need Help

Pandu tech pandu4tech at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:25:57 EST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to implement a legend in a new view that I have created.  I
would like to get information from the data currently visible (typically
field data stored in the dataset) and populate the legend box with this.
My view is derived from vtkPVRenderView and I can add a vtkLegendBoxActor
but I’m not sure how I get the information I want in order to update it.
Is it possible to either request information about the object from the
server or get the information from the representation?  If so, where do I
need to implement this?

Alternatively, can anyone suggest a better way to do this?

I can see that in XYChartView we have a Chart Legend (which is nice as it
is movable) and I’m not sure whether this will work for me or how it gets
its information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hanumanth.