[Paraview-developers] baseline image tests fail on static builds

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Fri Dec 7 07:12:38 EST 2012

Hi,

After adding a new dock widget plugin, some baseline image tests fail on
the dashboards with static builds.

This is not verified, but I suspect the issue is that static builds are
auto-loading the plugin, and the dock widget causes the render view to be a
different size.  Thus, a ResetCamera will move the camera to a different
position than before.

1) It's too bad that image baseline tests are so sensitive.  Maybe the
ResetCamera can be called after resizing the view to 300x300?

2) Why do static builds auto-load all plugins?  I know that they link
against the plugins, but do they have to call the init function?

All of this is unverified, I'm just guessing this is the behavior based on
what I see on the dashboards.

Pat