[Paraview-developers] baseline image tests fail on static builds

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Dec 18 06:37:01 EST 2012

> 2) Why do static builds auto-load all plugins?  I know that they link
> against the plugins, but do they have to call the init function?

Yes, as a first step, for static builds all enabled plugins are linked
and loaded. We need to improve the plugin-for-static-builds to link
and not init, and let the users init from the UI. This will require
some coding in the plugin loading mechanism for static builds to only
init already linked plugins, but it can be done. Can you add a bug
report? I think we should address this for 4.0. It causes more issues
than not.