[Paraview-developers] Upcoming changes to ParaView Server Manager

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Apr 21 08:39:55 EDT 2011

John,

In my mind, SI* stuff is simply the vtkClientServerStream part from
vtkSMProperty subclass moved to a separate class. Now SMProperty and
SIProperty need to talk to each other and that's done using protobuf
state messages.

Are your property subclasses adding new API or simply changing how the
stream is being constructed to update the VTK object? If latter then
you can get by with just using the SIProperty subclass.

In the xml, you tell which SI* class to create using the si_class attribute.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to holler.

Utkarsh