[Paraview-developers] A small suggestion - flag arrays as Scalars/Vectors/Normals

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Sep 17 16:21:42 EDT 2010

I've been convinced it is useful. Not so much yet for scalars, vectors
and tensors, but certainly for texture coordinates, normals, global
and pedigree ids.

The association (point or cell) is already indicated by either a
circle or box icon on the page.

I also suggest we add vector and tensor indicators. Knowing that an
array is a vector since it has three sets of min max pairs is not as
intuitive as a small arrow shaped icon would be.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive