[Paraview-developers] ANN: All ParaView commits through the topic stage

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Thu Oct 14 15:20:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have two questions...

Can a paraview topic branch refer to commits of a vtk topic branch, as long
as the paraview topic branch eventually references a vtk master commit?  I
know it works, but will the hook will reject it?

Let's say I merge a paraview topic branch and its HEAD sets the vtk
submodule to commit xxxx, a commit in vtk master.  Then, after that, someone
else merges their paraview topic branch and its HEAD sets the vtk submodule
to commit yyyy, where yyyy is a commit in vtk master that is a parent
(earlier in history) of xxxx.  Will the merge strategy ignore the yyyy
reference, and keep the vtk submodule at commit xxxx?

Pat