[Openchemistry-users] GSoC Ideas

Patrick Avery psavery at buffalo.edu
Wed Apr 27 15:49:59 EDT 2016

Hi there!

My name is Patrick Avery. I'm doing a google summer of code for Open
Chemistry. Here is a link to my project:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6428631593123840

I'm working primarily on advancing materials science aspects of Avogadro 2.
I'm going to be adding a lot of features that were present in Avogadro 1
(like identifying the space group of a crystal, symmetrizing a crystal,
filling a unit cell, building super cells, etc.). I also have some stretch
goals I may try to reach as well (like assisting with periodic UFF code).

We're currently in the community bonding period. I was wondering if any of
you have any specific materials science features that you'd like to be
implemented into Avogadro 2 over the summer. I have some primary goals that
I will try to reach first. But I can add suggestions to a list of stretch
goals that I may be able to reach before the end of the summer.

Thanks,
Patrick