[Midas] midas batchmake plugin error

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Mon May 9 10:43:15 EDT 2011

Hi J,

Can you tell me more about what you are trying to accomplish with Midas?  I
might be able to give you some better advice if I know this.

PixelCounter won't work with DICOM images, it is really more of an example
or demo application for testing out the BatchMake/Condor infrastructure.
 This is useful to test before you do any other development, so you can be
sure the infrastructure works correctly.

Here is a link that covers some of this information.  If anything is unclear
or you would like more details in a particular area, please let us know as
we are always trying to improve the documentation.

http://www.kitware.com/midaswiki/index.php/Plugins:BatchMake#Adding_a_BatchMake_script_to_the_Midas_BatchMake_Plugin

For the PixelCounter application, you can use some sphere image files as
inputs.  In the BatchMake build directory, under bin, if you configured
BatchMake with BUILD_EXAMPLES = on, you should have a GenerateSpheres
executable.  If you run this, it will generate several sphere images files
for you.  You can upload some of these to Midas, then create a cart and add
the images to the cart.  Use this cart as the input to the PixelCounter
application.

Once you run the PixelCounter, you can use the Midas logs to help debug
problems.  Also, look in the directory defined for

$MIDAS_BATCHMAKE_TEMP_DIRECTORY

in your BatchMake Midas plugin configuration file.  Here you will see the
temporary directories associated with BatchMake processing in Midas, and the
generated Condor output files there can help you debug further problems.

I think the development version of Midas taken out of the Git repository
(2.8.1) is the best one to use for doing BatchMake plugin development, as
this area of Midas is under active development.

--
Thanks,
Michael Grauer