[Kwiver-users] Problem running maptk_track_features.exe

Matthew Leotta matt.leotta at kitware.com
Wed Jan 6 16:12:59 EST 2016

Hossein,

Thank you for your e-mail.  This has exposed a few issues with our last release.

1) The sample configuration files shipped with the v0.7.1 release are outdated.  The “default" types were renamed to “core”, but I didn’t update the same config.  There are likely other issues as well.  I’ll need to regenerate an updated config file and test it.

2) Based on your output (specifically, there are no options listed after “valid options are”) it seems that your command line tool is not finding the MAP-Tk plugins.  I’ve debugged this and found that the search path for plugins is incorrect in the executables and it’s not yet configurable in this release.

3) Even if the plugins are found, they include additional 3rd party DLLs that are missing from the installer package.

This release, v0.7.1, is the first time a MAP-Tk release has come with an installer.  In producing the installer packages for v0.7.1 I only tested the GUI application on Windows and not the command line tools.  I should point out that Windows is not my primary development platform and MAP-Tk has been tested less on Windows than other platforms.  That said, we support Windows and want to make it work.

I will try to work through these issues and produce a new release.  It may take some time because I’m currently busy with other projects.  In the mean time, you can avoid problems 2 and 3 by building from source.  You can work around problem 1 by generating a new config file from scratch using the instructions in the README.

Thanks again for reporting these issues,
Matt