[Kwiver-announce] Best practices for passing inherited types through Sprokit Pipeline

Brian Clipp brian.clipp at kitware.com
Wed Nov 15 12:46:24 EST 2017

Hi All.

I ran into a case yesterday where I had a process that output a child class
and a process that expected an input from it of the parent class.
Sprokit's type checking fails in that case.  It lead me to spend some time
thinking about what types to pass between processes.  After some discussion
with Aaron and Matt B. these are some suggestions I've arrived at.

Thoughts?

Brian