[Insight-users] Very Basic Questions

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:02:40 EDT 2011

Reader output is a pointer to in-memory container for pixels (metadata info
and pointer to array with actual pixel values, called pixel intensities).
This container is a class called itk::Image.

To do something with all pixels in an image you can use iterators, there are
many examples <http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples> about it. There is a filter
which applies a defined mathematical operation to all pixels in an image,
called UnaryFunctorImageFilter. See this
example<http://itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/ImageProcessing/UnaryFunctorImageFilter>
.

The normal way to store some computed image values is in an instance of
itk::Image class.

HTH