[Insight-users] Very Basic Questions

Abayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 11:13:32 EDT 2011

I know these questions are too much basic, but being a fresh, I have to make sure I understand them correctly at the early step, so here they are:

1. If I use itk to read a file, does that mean the reader output port gives me the pixel values of the image? or intensity values of pixels?
2. If I want to implement a kind of mathematical equation with itk, how do I perform the same computation for each pixel of the whole image? (I mean like a loop)

3. And, how can I store the computed values for the whole pixels for later use? (like making a kind of container to load each and every computation result for pixels, and use that container as the final result?)

Since I am really fresh to implement mathematical equations in itk, these basic questions are crucial to me. Hope you won't be bothered with them.

Waiting for helpful answers. Thanks in advance.

Abayiz