[Insight-users] Very Basic Questions

Abayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 08:42:41 EDT 2011

Thank you very much :)

________________________________
From: Dženan Zukić <dzenanz at gmail.com>
To: Abayiz <abayiz at yahoo.com>
Cc: itk <insight-users at itk.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] Very Basic Questions

Reader output is a pointer to in-memory container for pixels (metadata info and pointer to array with actual pixel values, called pixel intensities). This container is a class called itk::Image.

To do something with all pixels in an image you can use iterators, there are many examples about it. There is a filter which applies a defined mathematical operation to all pixels in an image, called UnaryFunctorImageFilter. See this example.

The normal way to store some computed image values is in an instance of itk::Image class.

HTH

I know these questions are too much basic, but being a fresh, I have to make sure I understand them correctly at the early step, so here they are: