[Insight-users] Segmentation of CT data

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Thu Apr 7 04:03:33 EDT 2011

Hi
The MultiScaleHessian Family of filters in ITK has a way of detecting
plate-like structures (
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen320/html/classitk_1_1HessianToObjectnessMeasureImageFilter.html#_details)
so maybe the table can be detected as a high response to that kind of filter
at the adequate scale. Give it a try to see if it works.
The advantage is that no seed points would be required to to this.

HTH

2011/4/6 Lodron, Gerald <Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at>

> Hi
>
> I do not want to segment heart, lung etc seperately, i want to segment
> human vs background/patient table, especially for CT head data.
>
> I don't think that this is a so special problem, in my opinion every time
> you want to register a ct data set you need such a segmentation for
> excluding background so i think this a very common task. I already wrote a
> segmentation algorithm based on the itk region grower with seed points in
> the image center but i get sometimes problems with the patient table (and i
> want it 100% automatic) so before i make complicated algorithms i want to
> first ask the community.
>
> best regards

Sergio Vera

 Alma IT Systems