[Insight-users] Segmentation of CT data

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Wed Apr 6 09:59:02 EDT 2011

Hi

I do not want to segment heart, lung etc seperately, i want to segment human vs background/patient table, especially for CT head data.

I don't think that this is a so special problem, in my opinion every time you want to register a ct data set you need such a segmentation for excluding background so i think this a very common task. I already wrote a segmentation algorithm based on the itk region grower with seed points in the image center but i get sometimes problems with the patient table (and i want it 100% automatic) so before i make complicated algorithms i want to first ask the community.

best regards