[Insight-users] Mattes MI: "Too many samples map outside..."

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Feb 9 17:26:25 EST 2007

On 2/9/07, Xabier Artaechevarria Artieda <xabiarta at unav.es> wrote:

> Hallo Christoph,
> Thanks for the answer.
> I checked after 174 iterations and the overlap seems in fact good,

How did you ascertain the fact that the overlap is good ? (I presume you
checked the transform, but I don' tsee it printed in the log). There must be
a significant drift in teh transform from teh initial position to the
position after 174 iterations to prompt this error.

DId you try resampling with the transform and overlaying the images to make
sure that the transforms are headed in the right direction ?

and
> it is considerably better than at the first iteration. Do you think I
> could solve the problem by using a higher number of spatial samples?
> Now I am using one tenth of the total voxels.

1/10th for MI is plenty.