[Insight-users] RE: [Insight-developers] icosahedron

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 18 15:58:54 EDT 2006

Hi Leila,

The itkRegularSphereMeshSource that Thomas contributed to ITK
starts with six points equidistant in a unit sphere.

I wonder if the first subdivision of that figure will give you
an icosahedron... (maybe not...)

In any case,
Do you really need an icosahedron ?
or just a simple figure to initialize a deformable surface ?

Also,
you may want to look at the recent paper in the Insight Journal:

http://www.insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_reviews.php?back=publications.php%3Fjournalid%3D6%26order%3Drating%26revision_display%3Dcombined&pubid=122

itkQuadEdgeMesh:
A Discrete Orientable 2-Manifold Data Structure for Image Processing

        http://hdl.handle.net/1926/306