[Insight-users] RE: [Insight-developers] icosahedron

Leila Baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Mon Sep 18 15:20:09 EDT 2006

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

I am wondering if it is a good idea to actually create a cell topology
class for icosahedron in itk, I guess itk only has TetrahedronCell.

Sylvain also mentioned that vtk has Platonic solids with the 5 solids
including icosahedron however I am not sure if we have any code which
can convert this to an itk mesh.

I am writing some code for brain segmentation and have to do this as
part of my work, so I am just trying to determine what is the best
strategy at this point.

any thoughts

Thanks again for your time

Leila