[Insight-users] gdcmDict error when adding ITKIO to target libraries

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 14 08:51:59 EDT 2006

Hi Cristina,

Please check your environment to see if you have set the variable:

                  GDCM_DICT_PATH

GDCM is initialized along with all the other ImageIO classes at
startup time. At that point it looks for the DICOM dictionaries.

One of the option for locating dictionaries is by using this
environment variable.

You should double check if you have other installations of gdcm
(appart from the one in ITK), and whether you have this environment
variable set.

   Please let us know what you find.