[Insight-users] Mutual Information Error

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri May 27 16:46:32 EDT 2005

Hi Jordan,

This message is typically produced when the Transform is such that
the Moving image is mapped outside the extent of the Fixed image.

The lack of overlap between the Fixed image and the mapped Moving
image makes impossible to compute the Metric, and therefore an
Exception is thrown.

Please post to the list the characteristics of your two images.

      - Number of pixels along each dimension
      - Pixel spacing
      - Origin

You can get spacing and origing very easily by just invoking

      fixedImageReader->GetOutput()->Print( std::cout );
      movingImageReader->GetOutput()->Print( std::cout );

    [after having invoked the Update() methods of the readers]

It is very likely that the origin of your images is such that
initializing the Transform as an Identity is not appropriate.

In that case, you may want to use the Transform Initializer, as
illustrated in the ITK Software Guide

          http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Chapter 8,