[Insight-users] Mutual Information Error

Jordan Soet jds at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri May 27 14:42:09 EDT 2005

I'm working the mutual information metric on 3D ultrasound images, and
as a quick test I tried using ImageRegistration11 on it with the
dimension changed to 3 (and the parameters for the transform changed as
well). However, when I try and run it I get the following error:

$ ./ImageRegistration11.exe I0000005.hdr I0000006.hdr
ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0xa05c370)
Location: "Unknown"
File:
/home/Jordan/InsightToolkit-2.0.1/Code/Algorithms/itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.txx
Line: 623
MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric(0xa0528a0): Too many samples
map outside moving image buffer: 0 / 10000

I'd guess that it's something to do with the regions, however, the
images are the same size, and I didn't change anything from the example,
so I don't know what the matter is... Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks,

Jordan